There is a pile of clothing for ironing again. Sounds familiar? You have to get up for the ironing of clothes and bed clothing. Sometimes you have to hear the reproaches of your family members about the fact that clothes aren’t ironed. In addition, it’s not very classy to wear the noniron clothing. You should know certain rules and specifics of work with the iron for the procedure of ironing the clothes not to be distressful and inefficient.
Ironing board is a perfect expedient for correct ironing. It can be replaced by ordinary table or floor. It’s important, however, to spread a blanket in order not to ruin the table surface or the floor.
Set the heat of iron according to the information on the label of clothing.
It’s forbidden to stretch the fabric during the ironing. Direct the iron lengthwise warp thread. You should start the ironing with the small details gradually leading up to the main ones.
Iron sole needs to be clean. Pour only distilled or filtered water in the iron.
Follow the technology of correct heat processing of the clothes.
How to iron the pants correctly
They say that only men know how to cook the meat. I would add that only men know how to iron the pants correctly. Nevertheless, we don’t want to be behind. Right, girls?
Do the preliminary ironing before ironing the pants. Turn the pants inside out and iron the pockets. Elaborately and without tucks. It’s easy to do, because the backing cloth takes the thermal processing easily. If the pants contain the backing cloth, then iron it too. Iron the center seam paying attention to the wide back seam.
Turn the pants again, spread them on the ironing board for one trouser leg to lie on another and for front seams to line up with the back ones. Trust me, this is the hardest part. As soon as you fold the pants up right, everything will go as smoothly as if buttered. Wet butter cloth or a clean fabric will help to iron even the biggest wrinkle. Process one trouser leg, put it away and iron the inner side of the second trouser leg. Put it in the initial position. Turn the pants around and repeat this process.
Then start to treat the upper side of pants. Iron this part without landing the iron by the whole sole. If you can’t, then put the small pillow under the inner side of trousers and iron this way.
The pants are ironed.
How to iron the pants with pleated seams correctly
Regular fit of men’s trousers differs by presence of pleated seams. Trousers with pleated seams visually lengthen the figure, women added this fact to their armory and took this element of clothes to their wardrobe.
Ironing of pleated seams starts with the tucks on the pants. Find the tucks on the front and back and fold the trouser legs to divide the tucks into two halves. Side seams need to lie one on another herewith.
Cover the trouser leg by wet butter cloth and iron. Seams, which lie one on another shouldn’t change position. Don’t forget – pleated seams on the front end at lower level of pockets.
Hang the trousers on the hanger or chair back for them to cool down after the ironing. Perfectly ironed pants are ready for wearing.
How to iron the shirt correctly
Hang the spread shirt on the hanger after the washing before the ironing. Start to iron, when it’s not dry yet. The only exception is the silk shirts. They have to be dry.
- Sleeves and upturns. Make the sleeve even on the lower side and outspread the top side. Iron the sleeve and don’t touch the upturn. Do the same thing with the other side. Put the upturn flatwise on the ironing board and iron it passing over the buttons. Turn to the second sleeve when you carefully folded the ironed first one.
- Front side of the shirt and the back. Start with the part with buttons. Don’t iron the buttons, otherwise they will melt. Elaborately process the spot near the collar – it’s in the public eye and needs to be perfect. Turn the ironed front side of the shirt around for the back to be on the ironing board. And the emphasis is on the collar again. Turn the shirt one more time and iron the front part without the buttons. Try to iron the pleats near the chest pocket and collar.
- Shoulders. Stretch any shoulder on the additional board or on the narrow part of the ironing board. Nose of the iron has to process all hard spots. Turn to another shoulder.
- Collar. Iron the edges on the inner side of the collar by the nose of iron. Done. Check the shirt for the wrinkles and hang it on the hanger.
How to iron the t-shirt correctly
It seems that there’s nothing easier than ironing the t-shirt. However, far from everyone knows how to iron the t-shirt correctly. Our favorite clothing’s look can be ruined by shining strips of the iron or seams. Everything that is needed during the ironing of t-shirt is to avoid the clothing’s turning glossy.
It’s possible to avoid the undesirable marks if you know what temperature mode is appropriate when ironing one fabric or another. Let’s consider all the options:
- Cotton t-shirts. Temperature of cotton ironing has to be at least 90 degrees.
- Flaxen polo shirts. Serious natural material requires maximum temperature of ironing.
- Viscose t-shirt. You should quickly process it by temperature of 90 degrees at most (mode «silk») and without ironing one spot too long.
- Polyester product. It’s not recommended to iron these things. Hang the t-shirt on the hanger after the washing, it will become smoothed out itself. If there is a necessity to iron, then do this through the wet butter cloth and using the same temperature as in case of viscose clothing.
T-shirts with prints, application or diamantes won’t survive the high temperatures, so iron them in the inner side through the butter cloth.
How to iron the jeans correctly
To iron the jeans or not to iron is like the eternal argument about what has originated earlier – egg or chicken. For one thing, it’s not contraindicative to iron the jeans. It doesn’t harm them, on the contrary, heat processing of jeans after the washing softens the rough material. Considering that jeans, which were invented as the work clothes, became a casual clothing a long time ago, no one will doubt that they have to look brilliant.
First method of ironing the jeans lies in the drying of product, which is outspread on the smooth surface. Set the mode «wrinkle care» in the washing machine and the extraction of 600 rotations per minute.
The second method is iron.
It’s correct to iron the jeans, when they’re wet. Dry ones will need to be steamed out. Iron the jeans only on the inner side, cause you’ll get rid of the shining of material and prolong the service life of the clothing.
Iron the seams only through the butter cloth or clean fabric, which you use during the ironing. Treat the material near the knees by dint of steam.
Don’t wear the jeans after the ironing, let them cool down.
How to iron the jacket correctly
Here it is – the zero hour. You have to iron the jacket at home. Don’t panic! Follow this instruction:
- Pockets. Iron them only on the inner side. Turn the pocket inside out and elaborately iron even the smallest pleats. Turn the pockets again on their initial position.
- Sleeves, shoulders. Iron them on the inner side as well. Damp these elements due to the spray or steam them before the ironing. There is the additional board on every ironing board, which is meant for the ironing of sleeves and shoulders. If your ironing board doesn’t contain such a thing, then use the ordinary rolling pin that is wrapped with towel or roll the tight bolt of the towel. Spread the sleeve on the board and iron it slowly turning around a circle. Process the sleeves and shoulders until they’re dry.
- Facing, front, back. It’s correct to iron on the front side. These elements of jacket aren’t problematic concerning the ironing, but you must use the butter cloth or clean fabric.
- Collar, lapels. Face of the jacket has to be perfectly ironed, cause it’s exactly these elements that strike everyone’s eyes. Process the face of collar and lapels with maximum temperature using the wet butter cloth. Iron the edges of the collar and lapels by iron nose.
This operational sequence during the ironing of jacket will allow it to look as if it’s right after the dry cleaner’s.
How to iron the bed clothing correctly
Even the experienced mistresses are being put out of countenance by ironing of bed clothing let alone the young landladies. Each one of us tries to find the only sure-fire way to quickly iron the bed clothing.
Some of them decide to give up on the steam treatment of the bed clothing and do all kinds of gimmickry starting with adding the fabric-softening agent during the washing in order to avoid damages and ending with putting the dry clothing under the press.
But we aren’t like that. We care about our families and provide coziness in everything especially when it comes to the sleep.
So firstly, find out the bill of components. Cotton and flaxen bed clothing cannot be fully dried, otherwise there will be no ironing at all. Iron the dampish bed clothing after setting 190-200 degrees on the iron for cotton and sateen and 210-230 degrees for flax. Synthetic and silk on the contrary have to be dry, otherwise, there will be streaks of the water. Ironing mode needs to be 100-120 degrees and 50 degrees at most for silk.
Ironing board isn’t enough for the entire bed clothing, so you should spread the clean fabric under the board.
Spread out all the edges of every product of set. Fold the products evenly along the edges. Fold the sheets double, fold the blanket covers in four. Don’t fold the pillow cases and don’t iron the bend spot. Iron the products by small parts, moving the bed clothing on the ironing board.
You should let the bed clothing cool down after the ironing. Don’t put the bed clothing on the shelf right after it. Fold it with the other crease lines, this will allow the fabric not to become thin in the constant spots of folding. Thus, the service life will be longer. Sleeping on the clean and ironed bed clothing will be especially good and sweet. Don’t believe me? Check it out!